This custom "Brass Era" street rod was built by Dan Woods of Salinas, California in 1969-1970. In addition to the unique power plant, it is also believed to be the first show car to incorporate the Jaguar rear end and suspension. Also very unique is the front suspension which features horizontal coil sprints located at the center of the front crossmember.
This custom Bucket T was such a hit with the car show crowds that Fresno's Blackie Gejian, the man behind the very successful Fresno Autorama, added it to his personal collection of exotic custom street rods. Blackie was himself one of the legendary pioneers of the custom car craze that started after WW II. He was a builder and collector as well as a personal friend of the late and legendary George Barris. Blackie showed this custom street rod throughout the country which included several trips to Detroit for the Detroit Autorama which is the most famous in the country.
This car is one of several from Blackie's collection that was auctioned as part of his estate sale.
1917 Ford Model T Roadster
- Year Built: 1916
- Vehicle Type: Custom Model T Roadster
- Built By: Ford Motor Company
- Suspension: Custom and very innovative horizontal coil front with solid axle and Jaguar independent rear end assembly
- Engine: All aluminum 1970 Buick V-8 engine, 215 cubic inch
- Owner:Estrella Warbirds Museum